Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Me don't understand

18/1/05
Evening about 7.30pm, as appointment, I met a prospect who's very challenging and difficult to manage near wisma genting. Me don't understand what's his motive. really don't understand ...
He called and said would like to know more about ....
this mr. is a friend of a friend (which is how he got my number)
told me that he's from outstation, will be in KL only a few days.
(I later found out he's a singaporean ... no wonder he has 'that' attitude)
this gentleman was very well dressed complete with coat & tie.

before start he already announced that he know so & so from which & which financial planning association & federation, which & which fund houses, which & which insurance company and has some dealings with them. he said "so I don't actually need you to tell me about ...."

he then said "by the way, I'm a CFP (Certified Financial Planner), licensed holder of so & so, I was previously an insurance agent for which & which company. We had set up a consultancy firm specializing in financial planning too. "
(can't remember all that he said .... may be I choose not to remember)

when the drink & food come, he got another round of things to say... about he don't take this & that (really health conscious). I regretted not being brave enough to ask "why order then?"
He presented to me his product & service, some health scanning machine and that his company hope to work together with financial planners so that can provide health care scan to potential policy buyer.
He then talked (although I would like to use the word brag) about his achievement, about his investment plan that guarantee 40% ROI on 1st month, return on capital 2nd month & 3rd month onwards, regular income of USD300.
he said : I'm enjoying passive income now. I can stop work anytime. have you read robert kiyosaki this book & that book, also warren buffet this book & that book... warren buffet say this, robert kiyosaki say that...
he added : you don't need to tell me anything. no use. I'll probably know what you are going to tell me. your product can never beat the investment plan I just told you.

despite all the challenges, I would like to thank this gentleman
for giving me such a straighforward advise that "you are still 'green' .. this I agree but hey we all need to start somewhere right?
for giving me such challenges, so that I'll not be afraid anymore in future & know how to handle.
for telling me so many things that I didn't know I don't know.... such as investment instruments, regulation, quotes from those financial gurus.

pheww, I survived.
"what cannot destroy me can only make me stronger"

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails