Tuesday, August 28, 2007

50th Merdeka, 50 memories - Part 2

11. My mum & dad are working parents & reaches home around 8 – 9pm on weekday nights. They know I’ll not study on my own. They found a magical way to motivate me to study. They tempted me with $$ . Money is a scarce commodity to me and of course I didn’t hesitate to study hard for the $$ not my future , sad to say. Mum & dad surely understand their daughter really well.

12. I used to have porridge for lunch and dinner with salted egg / fish, black taucu fish, nam yu, fried onion …etc because that’s what my babysitter’s family eat. At one point of time, I got too fed up that I jumped at every opportunity to rice outside.

13. My kindergarten teacher say to me ‘ Ni wei shen mer na mo ben?’ (translated ‘ What are you so stupid) because I just couldn’t figure how to tie a ribbon despite she coming over to my place and show me how to tie right in front of my eyes. I was the only one in the class that didn’t know how to tie a ribbon. It was many many months later, in a dream that I figure out how to tie a ribbon. This lead to point no.14

14. I never have a pair of shoelace shoes before in lower primary because I don’t know how to tie ribbon. Mum always buy the zap on shoes for me (which is more expensive during then)

15. There were a certain period in my life when I called my mummy as aunty and my babysitter as ‘ah ma’. This must have made mummy very sad =( I ‘lou gai’ and refuse to follow my parents home during weekends. Perhaps god is punishing me for not wanting to spend time with my parents that now I don’t get to spend time with mummy anymore.

16. During primary school and lower secondary school, I love weekends. That’s because we will go for family outings. It may just be a visit to the mall, watch a movie or eating out but it made me happy for the whole day.

17. I think I have inferiority complex at one point of my life that I feel so low, so useless. I didn’t know how it comes and never knew how it went away. But during then, I just felt I was good at nothing.

18. Cutting tomboyish hair is not new to me. I’ve tried that few times during secondary school and college day. I even have a lecturer in college who thought I’m a new student joining the class and got a shock when I told him my name. I must have been crazy.

19. Being clumsy, I’ve hurt myself at sports during school days. Some of the most memorable and painful ones … landing on my buttock and hurt my private part while doing long jump, being knocked down by another player running from opposite direction during captain ball, cramp at hamstring during 1500m race, pengsan while training for rumah sukan, crooked little baby finger from netball game.... leaving scars all over my body.

20. I’ve carved my hands along while doing carving for our ART class project. Due to my clumsiness again, I accidentally carve the part joining the thumb and index finger of my palm. Blood were gushing out from the wound like fountain and started to colour my long sleeve ‘perpustakawan’ (librarian) shirt red. Puan Zaini pulled me out of the Bilik Seni (ART classroom) on the ground floor, put my hand under running water tap before bringing me to Puan Normala (Penolong Kanan)’s room for first aid. I was fainting seeing so much of my blood flowing out that I didn’t quite remember what happened. The moment I woke up, I was laying in Penolong Kanan room and saw the fan spinning while some teachers gather beside me. My palm was wrapped with patches of blood on the ‘kain kasa’. The SCAR is still here till today. And I definitely remember what Puan Normala said when I woke up. She said ‘Nampak darah, sudah pengsan. Macam mana mau jadi doctor?’ I guess that’s why I’m not a doctor today =)

2 comments:

anechoic said...

I am waiting for the part where Nick is the hero for 10 times. XD

Su said...

haha... why?
U want to get some 10 tips how to melt a girl's heart kah? =p
cannot ah ... remember, no more 'ngan yuen' post for a week? =p

Related Posts with Thumbnails