Saturday, August 11, 2007

Growing old sweetly

I was day dreaming in the LRT the other day, when an old couple alighted the LRT at the PUDU LRT station.

The grandma & grandpa stood at the first carriage right behind the driver carriage.
Grandpa took very good care of grandma, ensuring that she has something to hold on to while grandma hold on to grandpa just to ensure he doesn’t fall when the train stop.
Grandma was holding a plastic bag when grandpa take it from her and placed it on the floor.
I overheard grandma said something about what the doctor say about grandpa.

Grandpa kept on saying ‘nothing wan la’ in hokkien.

The got down at Bandar Tun Razak station as I do, behind them I saw grandpa telling grandma in that they will be getting down this station.
Grandpa then hold grandma’s hand, took the plastic bag and got down from the LRT.

When climbing stair, grandpa let grandma left hand holds the rail while holding grandma right hand.

Perhaps it was due to grandpa is smaller in size than grandma, that I feel he really make much effort to take care of grandma … and I do believe that their love is unconditional. I do.

Check out what 'wise tree says' on the left ..
"Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength while loving someone deeply gives you courage."
Lao Tzu

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails