Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Reading Joy

I found back my joy in reading!!! =) by accident .. when I stumble upon Dan Brown's collections while cleaning my room. It was there in my cupboard for humpteen weeks if not year.

Reading was and is part and parcel of my life.
I'm always grateful that I can read wherever and whenever I want to.

However, it's only lately I realised the 'thing' about reading .. it really help to calm my nerves.

I can be VERY LATE for work early in the morning, stress of having TOO MUCH to do at work, stress of MONEY problem, stress of HOUSEHOLD challenges ... yet when I start reading ... everything seem to dissolve into the air. It will then just be me and my book or magazine or newspapers.

Reading is a form of enjoyment.
Not only it nourishes our mind & soul, it helps to relieve stress.

Trust me, get a good book .. something that interest you and start reading =) Let the magic of reading do wonders =)

p.s. as bonus, we do get tax relief of RM700 for purchase of books. Go browse through the book store and grab some good books.. it's the best investment you can give yoourself.

ps. Xim Phou Moon .. a welfare organisation do sell very affordable books and magazines. Feel free to visit their shop at Leisure (diagonally opposite Giant Supermarket)

4 comments:

anechoic said...

I already read over 100 books..lol

Su said...

me oso ah..but my list include all the buku teks & buku rujukan =p let's take an average of 6 subjects of over a period of 12 years ... easily 72 books plus 3 more years for higher education of 10 subjects per year = 30. Hehe.. 72 + 30 = 102 wah..so many books so unfortunate, kena read by me =p .. hehe

anechoic said...

mine is dun include school/college books.

;)

see my blog.. :P

Su said...

oops =p you're really a certified nerd =p hehe

Related Posts with Thumbnails