Wednesday, July 02, 2008

@ work

@ work these days
I'm fully occupied from the moment I step into office till the moment I leave.
Numbers of meetings to attend have increased tremendously too ... and it translates to more more projects up & coming.
I'm currently juggling 7 projects ... some beginning, some in progress, some near end (not to mention daily operational jobs and on-going production error remedy)

The only way I'm still sane is to make myself believe

1. that the fact that I'm in a few projects concurrently does make me indispensable ... oh well who still believe that there's a person who's indispensable to an organisation??

2. this is only a passing period before I see the rainbow ... you know, like what they say about once you've been through the tough, everything else falls nicely into places.

3. we will reap what we sow ... this one is true but what we sow shall be visible a.k.a do not just keep quiet after you've successfully completed a project ... go on, make it known.

4. these projects will add value to 'me' ... the experiences, the scope and the people you interact with, the 'everything-in-the-package-of-project'

5. I'm not a 'superwoman' ... there's is life @ work n there's life after work. If there's just so much a person can do, let it be .. not point over-pushing and producing sub-standards outcomes. Balance is the word here ... don't let our health suffer (like what happened to me)

6. We do our very best, that's the very best we can do ... True because each time when I think I'm starting to compare my productivity with that of my fellow collegues, I put that energy to good use. And I tell myself, god is fair because for every strength there's weakness, for every obstacle there's opportunity.
Different people have different priorities. Someone could be better than us in work because it is their 1st priority meanwhile to us, family & loved ones is our priority ... so it all depends, you see.


A good night rest for myself ... tomorrow will be a brand new day =)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

that is what i tell myself everyday...it's a brand new day....
sometimes it's hard to stay positive when we know we don't have a future in the company but yet have to work so hard...I have to do OT and log in from home at night with being acknowledged...sigh...the only motivation is the learning process...learn as much as i can.

Unknown said...

*without being acknowledged....

anechoic said...

none of us is superman or superwoman, we are just super kuli really..hehehe.

When u have fought the hardest and overcome it, nothing is too intimidating anymore. :P

Anonymous said...

i think what i am practising now is work hard and play even harder ...

Su said...

keef : despair not, cause for every single effort that you've put in, there's a reap but it may come later =)keep going and never let that fire in you die down =)cheers

anehoic : absolutely true, we are super kuli. and yet we hang on mati mati to it ... ironic isn't it? =p yup, like you say, when the rain is over, that's when the rainbow shine =)

cy : kekeke... me think me would like to improvise a bit more ... me work just hard enough but play much harder than enough =p

Related Posts with Thumbnails