Monday, December 27, 2004

can't think of a heading ... (part 2)

18/12/2003 as appointment, went to Pantai Cheras myself with the letters.
I've been to hospitals before, bringing my mum, visiting but it's a different when I bring myself there for examinations ... cold sweaty palms as I walked as directed by the nurse... was told to wait.
Inside I was required to register, submitted the letters ... the nurse opened the letters but I wasn't able to read them. She took my blood pressure, height & weight. While filling the registration card ....


nurse : you masih sangat muda (indian nurse)
me : (smile) tak lo
nurse : muda lagi apa, tahun 81. Ni dari kump. medic suruh datang ya?
me : ya (tempted to ask ... apa doktor tulis dalam surat?)
nurse : sudah lama sakit ah? kenapa lama baru datang?
me : er... doktor suruh makan ubat tengok dulu
nurse : ni hal tak boleh tunggu lama lama, kena check awal awal
me : ??
nurse : siapa datang sama?
me : sendiri
nurse : ni kenapa tak makan ah? ringan sahaja, lengan pun kecil (when try to measure blood pressure)
me : ada makan
nurse : betul ke tak?
nurse : you duduk dulu, nanti kita orang panggil

waited for some time, trying to read magazines to calm myself. my name was called.. was told to change. Dr.Ho is a nice doctor too, trying to calm me with some casual talks before asking me questions about family background, medical history & so on before starting to examination & scanning. the nurses was very kind.
nurse : you tukar baju dulu, nanti you pergi kat doktor
Dr. Ho : It has been quite some time?
me : since early december
Dr. Ho : ...... (can't remember liao) ... have you completed the course of medicine Dr. Chong gave you?
me : yes
Dr. Ho : any changes / improvement after taking?
me : not really
Dr. Ho : I'll give you a letter, we refer you to HUKM. They will do further test for you. We need to do a biopsy for you
me : (in my mind...not again, I thought everything can 'kow tim' here ... why can't they do biopsy here or cure me here leh? )


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails