Tuesday, June 10, 2008

I can't dance but I refused to give up

Remember last time when I was excited about starting my line dancing class ...
It was about 2 - 3 months down the road, after approximately 9 songs that I realised I wasn't made to be a good dancer.
All I could manage was move around like a robot with programmed dance steps ... however this robot is non-programmable, easily forget and conveniently confuse with all the dance steps.
Worse still, this robot never took the initiative to practice and now is as 'karat' as the junk metal box.

Making mistake in the class has been a norm for me so much so I was given personal attention by the instructor... hehe =p. I can turn to the left while the rest of the class turn right ... then I'll laugh at myself for my silly moves. Sometimes I matches the wrong dance steps to the wrong songs ... LOL
Thinking about them makes me want to laugh and cry at same time =p

Throughout the classes, there were some who gave up and dropped out. One of them is my friend A. If you are reading this, you may want to consider coming back.
But I insist on staying, never mind being the laughing stock.
I refused to give up till I master line dancing.
I just just refused to give up
and I made myself a promise ... to practice, practice and practice

We didn't learn to walk in a day, did we?
We try, fall, try, fall, try, fall many many many times before we master walking...
so why not line dancing?

3 comments:

KA said...

why not social dance? esther can teach. ekekekek

Su said...

I scare I keep on stepping on my dancing partner feet ... kesian that fella =p
eh, then you got learn or not 1st?? =p

KA said...

ehhh esther giving me lessons.

Related Posts with Thumbnails