Monday, June 09, 2008

Tomorrow is Monday ... BC

I've been very busy each and every working day ...
there are 1001 things to do, each with their own urgency and datelines.
Sometimes I just lost track of time passing at work.
Sometimes I feel meetings are consuming a chunk of my productive hours especially when those discussions go round & round in circles.

The very 1st thing I do when I come into the office is to write down a list of what I should accomplish by the end of the day, however, many at times, some of these need to be carried forward to next day due to unforeseen circumstances such as system readiness / delay from the person whom I liaise with.

So much so that I realised that there are only so much a person can do within a stipulated period of time. I do my very best and there's still life after work. I'm not married to my work / organisation like what my colleagues always say. There's so much more to life beyond work.

I think I've grow up quite alot at work ...taking challenges, projects and enhancements head on. They just fall on my lap as there were major movements in the organisation. But I think it's good to have movements than to stay stagnant.
It's always at the end of the day when I draw a smiley next to the itemised task on my 'to do list' to signify I've completed the task that makes me feel fulfilled.
Thus is life, those small little accomplishments adds up to a huge accomplishment.
So never belittle a small effort.

Tomorrow is Monday,
where I'll continue to work on those projects one by one till I complete them.
Oh... I've conveniently forgotten I'm supposed to give training this Thursday to a large group of branch officers. A little nervous but I shall be alright, I guess.
No pain, no gain.
After all, I'll still be going for my badminton session after that ... games still go on =)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails