Monday, June 16, 2008

Some clothes, some plants, some barley, a sprained ankle and helpful buddies

Last Saturday, with my newfound independence (shh…don’t let dear know ah =p), I went crazy with house works.
I had filled my Saturdays with house works plan (which was way too ambitious) and ended up doing nothing on Sunday …
Nope, no because I’ve completed all works on Saturday & nothing left to do…
But I ended up with a sprained ankle and plenty of rest (that’s my only consolation lol)
My sis should have been cursing that she had to handle my share of work too … talk about fairness...


Well.. well, things I did before ending like the last picture

1. Washing and hanging out the clothes to dry










2. Sweeping & mopping the floor










3. Ironing some work clothes (don't look like ironed clothes right? Yah, I know because I suck at ironing.. that's also why I prefer short sleeve blouse and skirt ... less work =p keke..
Don't ask me why it's hanging outside the cupboard instead of inside ... I guess it makes the searching easier =p













4. Remember the wardrobe gotong royong? Yup, this cupboard is all my sisters and I have. Everything donated to us are here as well. We have managed to pack 3 packs of (still-in-good-condition) clothes to be donated. 1 pack to dispose













5. I like my home with greens .... I feel happy when I'm around them and when I see them grow. This in the picture is this year's 'kun yam chuk' (kuan yin bamboo). Last year kuan yin bamboo which was deteoriating was revived and spread all over my home by me.













6. Individual shoots are separated and put into glass jar. Recycled glass jar of various shapes are nice little vases. Picture 7 - 10 are where I place them. There were 2 more jars which I had forgotten to take picture because it started to rain outside and I needed to go & collect the clothes.








7. At the staircase, love this.














8. On top of the fridge. Do you know that a little plants in the kitchen will help me be a better cook? (even if dunno how to cook) =p












9. On at the window pane where we wash the dishes














10. One outside at the cooking place, remember about a plant make a better cook? =p











11. Thong sui / leong cha ... 'sang suk yi mai' (ripe raw barley). Easy to boil ... throw everything inside and add rock sugar when time is right ... then ready to drink liao =D













My foot hurt a little after I fell down while rushing to collect the clothes from rain.

Ps. I even manage to finish walking my ‘pasar malam’ despite a little painful foot … that’s how deep is my love for pasar malam =p

Some more I’m thinking of going for jogging and offered to fetch CY.
(I thought it was just muscle pull and shall be fine after some good night sleep)
I ended FFK CY & FL.
Ended the night rubbing my ankle with those 'analgesic cream' for muscle pain.
Woke up the following day, unable to walk.

This is after the 'tit ta yi sang' wrapped my foot on Sunday.







Sunday - I’m touched with the kind gestures of our friends & their families.

CY after the jogging session actually went to buy the ‘tit tah zao’ (massage oil) for me and came to my home to pass to me.
FL and her mum has took the trouble to help us find the ‘tit ta yi sang’ (sin she) by bringing us to each sin she they know of.

I’m very very thankful. Without you all, I wouldn’t know what to do. I’ll be at a loss.
Your help meant a lot to me.

To have friends like you all is indeed my ‘fook hei’
Thank you so much again.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

it's my pleasure :)

Su said...

thank you so muchy =)

Unknown said...

be EXTRA careful ar...don't be like me...already PK so many times this year...
hope you will be better soon...

Su said...

keef : yes madam =D hehe, no more PK for 2nd half of the year onwards okie =)I can walk like normal liao =) thanks

Related Posts with Thumbnails