Wednesday, May 07, 2008

A banana a day tells a story

Today, around 12pm++ when most of my collegues went out for lunch, a very young cleaner girl came to ask me whether she can wipe our desks.

Old timer seldom asked for permission to wipe so I guess she's a new comer.

As she was wiping the table, I saw a very young girl (schooling age) in her and I couldn't stop myself from asking. Most of the time, each and every one of them have their reason and challenges.

I asked her where's she from? (some girls are from Indon)

I found out that I'm talking to a local young girl (15 years old) has stopped schooling since form 2 .... she has stopped schooling because her mum is sick (sakit keras).
She has got to work because if she don't, they'll have no food to eat.

She used to work near police station but she cannot stand the pestering of police officers for her to go back to school.

She doesn't seem to be telling lies to me.
Her voice is that of a school children ... still naive and innocent and as she talked she has never broke that eye contact with me.

I couldn't help much except giving her a banana for her to eat. (I've bought a bunch for breakfast & as snacks)
She refused but I just put it into her hand.
She thanked me profusely but I feel shameful because this is all I could help.

She's earning RM650 a month provided she doesn't rest a single day.
She has been taking KTM commuter to work...
let's take the cheapest RM1 x 2 way ... RM2 x 30days = RM60 just for travelling alone
What about her food? Her other expenses? Her mum medical expenses and her younger sister (standard 2) fees and schooling expenses.
She has an elder brother too ... who is jobless (according to her)

Talking about hard life ...
each time when we are about to give up, always remember that there are people out there who are more unfortunate than us.... Yet they have never gave up.

As I always remind myself, be kind to everyone for everyone is fighting some kind of battle in life.

I've talked to her for about 10 minutes but it's so stupid of me forgetting to ask her her name ... however, I've told her that she'll be SOMEONE in life for all the sacrifices she made... and I believe she will. God is fair.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails