Thursday, May 15, 2008

what's your sleep debt?

Quoted from Cleo May 2008 :

Sleep deprivation over an extended period of time is said to result in 'sleep debt', which simply means the cumulative effect of not getting enough shut-eye.
The jury is still out tas to whether this debt needs to be repaid in full, or whether you can cheat or just pay some back in order to recover completely.
What is certain is that the sooner you start your instalments, the better.

There is a scientifically accepted method to test whether you have sleep debt, called sleep latency test (SLT) : simply relax in a quiet place during the day for a short while in time. If the feeling of sleep comes fairly easily, then you have sleep debt. It may be large, it may be small - generally, the sooner you nod off, the larger your sleep debt is.

me say : judging from the above SLT, I think I do have huge sleep debt as I can nod off in no time (even not in relaxed atmosphere). and I think someone close to me is also having a huge sleep debt too (the one who can start snoring in no time) ...
I've consulted AKPK to restructure my debt repayment and the counsellor has actually advised me to start paying my installment today ... to avoid going into further debt which may result in unreversible situations...
Good night everyone ... have a sweet dream & sleep tight =)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails